This position will be a member of an engineering team designing and developing robotic perception and control projects. The electrical engineer will specialize in the design and development of the electrical systems of these components and systems and will be responsible for the testing and documentation of these systems to improve the overall system.
Due to the nature of some of our work, all applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents to be considered
Responsibilities and Duties
- Product design background, including design work that integrates mechanisms and electronics.
- Experience working with Software and Mechanical Engineers to design, develop, and test product design background, including design work that integrates mechanisms and electronics.
- Experience working with Software and Mechanical Engineers to design, develop, and test products.
- Strong command of schematic capture and layout CAD tools (Altium is preferred).
- Demonstrated experience with circuit design; specifically in the areas of DC-DC converters, motor drivers, transceivers, embedded microcontrollers, bus protocols (such as RS232, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet) and optimizing for battery powered systems.
- Experience authoring design documentation: concept of operations, requirements, and hardware design specification.
- Experience with multi-layer PCB design – split planes, signal integrity analysis, controlled impedance, stack-up definition, component library generation. Understanding of ground loops and mitigation strategies.
- Solid background in engineering debug analysis including the use of oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, and signal generators.
- Experience performing COTS trade studies and make-versus-buy decisions.
- Experience with vendor management; purchasing, RFQ’s, PCB fabrication/assembly services.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
- Experience with IC package thermal design & analysis.
- Experience with BOM management and releasing products to a production group.
- Experience in production-level designing and testing methods.
- 3+ years of active FPGA design experience including verification, pin selection, synthesis, timing analysis, FPGA device selection, including supporting hardware infrastructure for FPGA devices. US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language
Benefits and Perks
- Carnegie Robotics offers a very competitive benefits package.
Carnegie Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications from all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Carnegie Robotics’ employment policies.